Clare is a results-driven lawyer with a professional and approachable manner. Clare has owned and operated Wilson Marshall Law Corporation since 2011, when she assumed ownership of the business from her father, Scott Marshall, who co-founded the firm over 40 years ago. Clare has 18 years of experience working primarily in the Canadian legal system, as well as in the American and German legal systems; which ranges from a federal judicial clerkship with the United States District Court for the Western District of New York to an internship in Ingolstadt, Germany.
Clare advises and represents individuals and businesses to assist them to achieve, and ideally exceed, their real estate, business, and wills and estate planning goals. Clare particularly enjoys facilitating her clients’ wealth planning and preservation. As an owner of numerous companies, Clare relates to the owners of the 400 provincial and extra-provincial companies and federal corporations that she serves. Clare assists her clients with buying and selling houses, incorporations and company restructuring, and wills, estate, and incapacity planning.
In addition to Clare’s clients, family and fitness are among Clare’s top priorities. Clare is married to Steve Lingren, a retired professional hockey player and owner of Steve Lingren Trucking Ltd. Clare and Steve delight in their two energetic sons, Andrew (11) and Parker (8). When not at the office Clare enjoys spending time with her family at a hockey rink, south of the border in the tropics, or in Lake Cowichan at the family cabin. Clare fosters her energy and enthusiasm by frequent visits to the gym.
Corporate Paralegal and Primary Assistant
250.385.8741 EXT 109
Real Estate Paralegal
250.385.8741 EXT 102
- B.A. With Distinction, Psychology Major, University of Victoria (1998)
- LL.B. Faculty of Law, University of Victoria (2003)
- British Columbia (2004)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia, Canadian Bar Association, Victoria Bar Association
- Member, CBABC Commercial and Real Estate – Vancouver Island
- Member, CBABC Business Law Section
- Member, CBABC Wills and Trusts -Victoria
- Member, CBABC Taxation Law
- Member, CBABC Health Law
- Member, WestShore Chamber of Commerce
- Supporter Team 4 Hope
- Supporter Holiday Home Tour
- Supporter RAD Recreation Adaptive Society
- Supporter BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Supporter BC Cancer Foundation