Clare Marshall is the accomplished proprietor of Wilson Marshall, an intergenerational law firm. With her unwavering dedication to upholding the firm’s principles and innovative approach to legal practice, she has fostered an unparalleled level of service and convenience for her esteemed clientele.
With over 20 years of experience across various practice areas, Clare has developed a deep expertise in wealth and estate planning and administration, corporate and commercial law, and real estate transactions. Her comprehensive and forward-thinking guidance empowers both individual and corporate clients to establish, grow, protect, and transfer their wealth to future generations.
Clare’s unwavering commitment to her clients is evident in the numerous triumphant outcomes she has achieved, particularly in complex business succession planning and high-stakes transactions. She prioritizes not just preserving legacies but also relationships, earning her the admiration and gratitude of those she serves.
Her wealth and estate planning knowledge spans critical planning considerations such as wills, powers of attorney, health care representation agreements, elder law, and more. In the realm of corporate and commercial law, Clare’s proficiency covers a range of services such as incorporating businesses, corporate restructures, and facilitating business transactions. She also provides guidance for clients involved in commercial and residential property sales and purchases. Clare’s extensive capabilities allow her to provide invaluable guidance and assistance to her clients, instilling them with the assurance and conviction they need to reach their objectives.
Outside of work, Clare enjoys staying active and spending time with her husband of over 20 years and their two teenage sons. As a lifelong learner, she continuously seeks new experiences and opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
Education & Bar
- B.A. With Distinction, Psychology Major, University of Victoria (1998)
- LL.B. Faculty of Law, University of Victoria (2003)
- Bar Admission – British Columbia (2004)
- Research Assistant with the Ministry of Attorney General of British Columbia (2001)
- Judicial Clerkship with the United States District Court for the Western District of New York (2005)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia, Canadian Bar Association, Victoria Bar Association
- Member, CBABC Business Law Section
- Member, CBABC Commercial and Real Estate – Vancouver Island
- Member, CBABC Elder Law
- Member, CBABC Wills and Trusts -Victoria
- Member, CBABC Health Law
- Member, CBABC Intellectual Property and Technology Law
- Member, CBABC Real Property
- Member, CBABC Senior Counsel
- Member of the Victoria Foundation’s Gadsden Initiative
- Supporter, Vancouver Island Crisis Society
- Supporter, Seniors Serving Seniors
- Supporter, WestShore Elder Care Advocacy Network